• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

It's going to be cold this week in Spain

Started by José Roca, February 01, 2012, 10:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

See the map. We are going to be "attacked" by all sides except from the south :)

Frederick J. Harris

Better huddle up close to your computer to keep warm! :)

Paul Squires

Can you imagine the amount of programming work he'll pump out now!

;D
Paul Squires
FireFly Visual Designer SQLitening Database System JellyFish Pro Editor
http://www.planetsquires.com

Jordi Vallès

In these situations is when I miss the old CRT screens  ???

José Roca

I have an unbeatable weapon :) A bottle of brandy Gran Duque de Alba Xtra Old.

José Roca

It is gone. Today we have had 26º C in Valencia. This must be Summer in Nord Europe and Canada :)

Paul Squires

Here in Newfoundland, a 26º C day is one of the better summer days for us. Every so often it goes over 30º C, but not very often. Maybe it is time for me to move somewhere warmer.... does Spain ever get any snow?!?!?  :)
Paul Squires
FireFly Visual Designer SQLitening Database System JellyFish Pro Editor
http://www.planetsquires.com

José Roca

does Spain ever get any snow?!?!?

Depends on which part. Spain is like an small continent because, being one of the more mountainous countries of Europe, each part is different. Different climates, different landscapes, different food and in several parts even different native languages. The North is more cold and rainy, and the center is cold in winter and too hot in summer. Andalucia is fine and very beautiful, although too hot in August. The Mediterranean coast and the Balearic Islands have good climate for the most part of the year. But where I live, know as the Valencian Garden, we are priviliged because of a series of fortunate factors. The nearby mountains protect us from the cold winds of the North and the hot winds of the West, the worst storms come from the Atlantic, and when they reach us they are so weakened that usually don't do any harm, and the Balearic Islands usually divert the Autumn storms of the Mediterranean Sea to the Southeast. We once had a big one, but it was in 1957. The only part of Spain that beats us regarding good climate are some of the Canary Islands.

But be warned, we are the noisiest guys of Europe. We are passionate about pyrotechnics.

Petr Schreiber

I voke up today, saw -2 °C, and thought "the spring is coming".
Now I read here about 26°C, that is incredible ;D

Petr
AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1GB RAM @ 533MHz | GeForce 6200 / GeForce 9500GT | 32bit Windows XP SP3

psch.thinbasic.com

José Roca

Today is colder: 17º C.

The predictions for this week are:

Tuesday: 18 ºC
Wednesday: 18º C
Thursday: 19º C
Friday: 18º C
Saturday: 19º C
Sunday: 21º C