• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Carousel2

Started by Patrice Terrier, September 30, 2007, 08:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrice Terrier

CAROUSEL II

This is the first demo project written with GDImage version 4.00 to run specifically on VISTA.

GDImage 4.00 is 100% compatible with DWM and it is able to draw directly on the glass section at full speed.

The project is provided with its complete carousel.bas source code + the latest zskin.inc file.

Members of this forum are the first to see it!

Note : The ZIP file has been updated to fix the problem reported by Petr in the next message.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Petr Schreiber

Hi Patrice,

this really rocks again !
Thanks for sharing !

It works perfectly, except one way to do GPF:

• Run carousel.exe ( ahem )
  • Click "Marquee text"
  • Click "Variable opacity"
  • Click "Wallpaper"
  • Click "Use 3D depth"
  • Click "Self rotation" - GPF :(

But this is just special case, when I first click "Play carousel animation" button, then checking the above options works like a charm.
It really looks cool!

Thanks,
Petr

P.S. Hope this time it is not evident only in my version of localised XPs :-\ Today I found bug in almost every software launched ( "Paradise" adventure game - seems I have to play it from beggining, "ProgeCAD" free version of CAD falls into darkness of GPF when I try to open associated file, ... ). Is it a curse ? Why ? Can I be saved ? :D
AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1GB RAM @ 533MHz | GeForce 6200 / GeForce 9500GT | 32bit Windows XP SP3

psch.thinbasic.com

Patrice Terrier

Until I post a new zip, here is how to fix it:

CASE %ID_SELFROTATION
              UseRotate& = zGetCheckButtonStatus(zGetMainItem(%ID_SELFROTATION))
              'UseRotate& = SendMessage(GetDlgItem(hWnd, %ID_SELFROTATION), %BM_GETCHECK, 0, 0)
              IF LBOUND(gSpriteData) > 1 THEN
                 FOR K& = 1 TO %ID_MAX_SPRITE
                     IF UseRotate& = 0 THEN
                        gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap = ZI_CreateMirrorBitmapFromFile(gSpriteData(K&).ImageName, bmW&, bmH&)
                     ELSE
                        gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap = ZI_CreateBitmapFromFile(gSpriteData(K&).ImageName, bmW&, bmH&)
                     END IF
                     CALL ZD_DrawBitmapToCtrl(zGetMainItem(%ID_CTRL), gSpriteData(K&).xPos, gSpriteData(K&).yPos, _
                                              gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap, &HFFFFFFFF, gSpriteData(K&).ID, %ZS_VISIBLE)
                 NEXT
              END IF

Add IF LBOUND(gSpriteData) > 1 THEN to make sure the sprite have been loaded first...

Thank you for the feedback.

Patrice Terrier
www.zapsolution.com
Patrice Terrier

Kent Sarikaya

Sorry am confused, do we need VISTA to run the program or will it run on XP?
The screenshot looks so yummy, really cool stuff you are doing Patrice that is for sure!!

Patrice Terrier

It "should" work on XP in "standard mode", but I didn't test it myself, because the main purpose was to make it run on VISTA  ;)
Patrice Terrier

Petr Schreiber

Hi Kent,

it works on XP Home.
There is some difference comparing to image Patrice posted - I have "blended" not the image canvas, but the rest of dialog, see on attachement.

Petr
AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1GB RAM @ 533MHz | GeForce 6200 / GeForce 9500GT | 32bit Windows XP SP3

psch.thinbasic.com

Patrice Terrier

Carousel2.zip has been updated to work on both VISTA and XP.

However on XP for the purpose of the fast animation, BLUR and CRYSTAL compositing are disabled.

by the way I have also fix a little behavior that was added when fixing the Petr's submission.

The good code for CASE %ID_SELFROTATION is there:

CASE %ID_SELFROTATION
              UseRotate& = zGetCheckButtonStatus(zGetMainItem(%ID_SELFROTATION))
              FOR K& = LBOUND(gSpriteData) TO UBOUND(gSpriteData)
                  IF UseRotate& = 0 THEN
                     gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap = ZI_CreateMirrorBitmapFromFile(gSpriteData(K&).ImageName, bmW&, bmH&)
                  ELSE
                     gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap = ZI_CreateBitmapFromFile(gSpriteData(K&).ImageName, bmW&, bmH&)
                  END IF
                  CALL ZD_DrawBitmapToCtrl(zGetMainItem(%ID_CTRL), gSpriteData(K&).xPos, gSpriteData(K&).yPos, _
                                           gSpriteData(K&).hBitmap, &HFFFFFFFF, gSpriteData(K&).ID, %ZS_VISIBLE)
              NEXT

When XP's compositing is turned off then the animation's speed is the same than on VISTA, but a little less spectacular  ;)

Patrice Terrier
www.zapsolution.com
Patrice Terrier

Petr Schreiber

Thanks Patrice,

on my PC the blurring did not hurt the performance so much, but this version is indeed faster.

Thanks,
Petr

psch.thinbasic.com

Kent Sarikaya

Thanks Petr for the screenshot and to know it works on XP.

Thank Patrice for the XP fix and this incredible demo. Looks and runs fantastic on my computer. Awesome SDK Magic Show for sure!!!

Theo Gottwald

>Members of this forum are the first to see it!

I am really impressed too see the Aero XP version and the carusel-demo,
actually I just think, what else could you do ...
you'll face a hard time to surprise me more. :-) from now.

Patrice Terrier

Now that I have mastered the beast (Vista) I have some nice things onto my back burner.

Just wait and see  :o
Patrice Terrier

Patrice Terrier

The first post of this thread has been updated, to fix the ZIP file corruption caused by the "Server Collapse".

Patrice Terrier