• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Where can we download the latest Oxygen Basic built?

Started by Karen Zibowski, June 28, 2018, 06:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen Zibowski

Hi

Can someone tell me where can I download the latest Oxygen Basic built?
Is it in beta yet?

Many thanks

Eros Olmi

thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Charles Pegge

Hi Karen,

OxygenProgress.zip is just oxygen.dll, whereas OxygenBasicProgress.zip is the full package.

I will be updating them within the next day or so.

The beta version, when it eventually arrives,  will be a clean subset of OxygenBasicProgress.zip. We carry a lot of interesting baggage, which might be an unnecessary burden for the general user.

Eros Olmi

Charles,

maybe you can specify this info in README.md so people can get them and avoid to ask over and over.

Your compiler is a monster of potentiality!
Sometimes not easy to get at first.

Ciao
Eros

thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Chris Chancellor

@Eros
Your compiler is a monster of potentiality!

you are right, it is one of the best basic compiler around as my company has tested several paid ones
such as 
            Powerbasic  -->  stagnant at 32 bit
             GLBasic --> already dead 
             Liberty basic --> cannot compile to machine code and only runs on 32bits
             Pure basic -->  funny syntax it is more c than basic ? --> hard to use and hard to translate from powerbasic
             Xojo  -->  no inline ASM , dll allow and assembly is not true machine code but pcode in native exe overlay

yes include documentations something like a FAQ  so that newbies can read without asking over and over again

Eduardo Jorge

Quote from: Chris Chancellor on June 29, 2018, 06:16:29 PM
my company has tested several paid ones

I think that for a commercial work one can not stay testing applications without an already firm base
even more Basic that does not have an outline if syntax with default followed by all
of course, nothing prevents it from being used as an auxiliary tool,

Chris Chancellor

Jorge

O2 has very a big potential, in some cases it is even better than paid compilers
such as GLBasic , LibertyBasic, Basic for Qt

in this new programming world, we must adopt a variety of compilers to do our work.
this is just in case if one compiler dies, we can go on and use another one. otherwise your programs would
have to join the "beach whales or Jurasic group of companies".

My boss who was using the PB compiler for the last 20 years for his programs, had encounter
problems relating to migration to 64bits ones as demanded by our customers.

so we are now actively translating pb programs to other compilers like O2, D and C++  as PB can be
considered dead as of now?