• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Edwins Tools (Incl. PBDev)

Started by Theo Gottwald, February 29, 2016, 03:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Houle

QuoteIn case i really want to do much FP or String stuff, i will avoid PureBasic.
::)

hahahahaha!

Theo, you crack me up!  ;D

Do you really think that PureBasic would still be around if it couldn't handle these "basic" things.

I said this before... Give me a string (or floating point) example of something 'impossible' in PureBasic.

Here are examples of what's available (in the rare case you find PureBasic "inadequate")

User Libs available:

-------------------------------------------------------
aNuMet - A Lib for numerical calculations -

Implements 40+ Matrix functions, including Determinant, Inverse, Division, Trasposed.
Solves equation systems, calculate coefficients of polinomial curve, show matrix elements, etc.
Includes equation parser/solver/intergator/differentiation with variables and functions
and other functions.
See the sample code in PB for the list of functions.
Very fast code. Sample code available in PureBasic.
---------------------------------------------------------

GNU MP Lib: Is a portable library written in C for arbitrary precision arithmetic on integers, rational
numbers, and floating-point numbers.
If you need numbers like this:
9.1596559417721901505460351493238411077414937428167213e-01

MPFR library - MPFR is based on the ABOVE GMP multiple-precision library.
The MPFR library is a C library for multiple-precision floating-point computations with correct rounding.
MPFR has continuously been supported by the INRIA and the current main authors come from the Caramba
and AriC project-teams at Loria (Nancy, France) and LIP (Lyon, France) respectively; see more on the credit
page.

The main goal of MPFR is to provide a library for multiple-precision floating-point computation which is both
efficient and has a well-defined semantics. It copies the good ideas from the ANSI/IEEE-754 standard for
double-precision floating-point arithmetic (53-bit significant).
Contains 260 commands

I can give you many more (strings too!)... to help you with the inadequacies of PureBasic.  ;)

José Roca

I have the same complain both for PureBasic and FreeBasic: they don't support dynamic unicode strings and structured exception handling. There are other drawbacks.

Libraries like GNU MP Bignum Library are open source libraries that you can use with almost any compiler, so it is not a merit of PureBasic.