• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Book (Manual) from PBWIN10

Started by Israel Vega, October 22, 2013, 01:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Israel Vega

I want buy the manual from PBWIN10 but in page of PowerBasic only is available for PBWIN9.  Somebody know how I can
purchase or if somebody have (if is legal...I not know if is possible) book for PBWIN10 that  want to sell?...I not know why not is available in
PowerBasic...also I not know the future of PowerBasic...may be that in future this be a relic or a "classic jewel"  :) and  then I can not buy.
I know that is available on line but also to me like have this manual  in paper.

Thanks

Israel Vega Alvarez

Aslan Babakhanov

At least you have help file both online and offline (chm). You may convert everything into a word format and pass it companies dealing with book printing from sources.

I have mine hard copy. The cover is about Console Compiler, but content is about PowerBASIC for Windows 8 - Refence Guide.
Briefly, this is a copy of help file with minor additions in glossary. I don't know about the book for version 9, but IMO that would be the same as the book for version 8 --- i.e. the copy of help file.

Brice Manuel

I have the book for version 8 and version 9 of PB Win.  I was going to buy the book for version 10 and had pre-ordered it, but after months of it not being released, I gave up hope of it being released and canceled my order.  Frankly, even if they had the v10 manual right now, based on James STILL not getting the CDs he ordered, I would not purchase anything from PB Inc. at this point as I have no trust I would actually get what I paid for.  This is why I have not ordered the PB/Xtra III Programmer's Reference Collection on CD-ROM that I want, due to the issue James has experienced.

Brice Manuel

Quote from: Tom Perkins on October 22, 2013, 09:18:58 AM
@ Brice
Forget the CD PB/Xtra III, it is nothing more than an ancient collection of GW-BASIC, QuickBasic, QBasic programs that have been released a long time ago in the Internet. Most of it is completely useless and only suitable for beginners to experiment with. Actually, the distribution should be discontinued long ago.

Thanks for the heads up.  I already have all of that stuff then.  In fact, it all used to be in the BASIC section of my old BBS which had a PowerBASIC section.