• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

There is a future for those who felt abandonned

Started by Patrice Terrier, September 28, 2013, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brice Manuel

Quote from: Patrice Terrier on October 25, 2013, 09:11:51 PM
I would be glad to see more contributors, posting other solutions that could be an easy alternative, as i am not infeoded to any one.

Most leaving PowerBASIC are probably going to want something "BASIC-like".  I do think PureBasic is a wonderful product and a powerful contender for a PowerBASIC replacement, and I do recommend it to most people over PowerBASIC.  However, stability issues can be there with PureBasic, so I could never recommend it for use in a corporate environment, which is what many PowerBASIC users need.

There is also the granddaddy of all BASICs, which is TrueBASIC.  However, it is not a legitimate contender as a PowerBASIC replacement for anybody.

You are pretty much left with WinDev for corporate level needs and PureBasic for other needs.  Or, grab Paul's FireFly for FreeBASIC and grab FreeBASIC.

Patrice Terrier

Hi Mike,

The feeling to get abandoned, is like a divorce, there is always colateral damages.

And in this industry, a software that doesn't evolve fast enough is soon on the declin.
That was already a problem while Bob Zale was still there, but now that he has gone there is no hope.

64-bit, yes of course.
Mobile, yes of course.
Mac OS, yes of course.
Graphics, no. Because this is not the purpose of a core compiler (turning high level code into machine code).

See the thread here.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Mike Mayerhoffer

Thanks Patrice !

I appreciate your time.

I did read your post in the link and a few other threads.

-Mike