• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Powerbasic is upgrading

Started by Theo Gottwald, April 16, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

Today i got a Mail from Jim @PB and he write me that they are upgrading about employees.

QuoteHi Theo,

I saw your message last week, and ...  I do hear what you are saying.  I have very little time with my current responsibilities to actually spend time on our forums. 
We just picked up a couple more employees, and hopefully they can give me more free time to spend on our clients.

I definitely agree with you about posting a face on our forums, and I have tried to do just that the past few days.

Sounds good to me. Jim writes that they are "Upgrading the staff".

Theo Gottwald

Sorry for that Jim. Meanwhile i know why there is no History.txt and there are good reasons for that which i can't tell you :-).
But ... I have heared they are hiring very qualified personal as you see above.
Lets give them more time ... PB ist still working really good.
So no need to change (at least for me).

Mike Stefanik

There's some secret reason that they didn't provide release notes for an update to their software? Really? Did those release notes also happen to include the plans for a new hydrogen fusion reactor, and they just didn't have the time to redact all of that classified information before publishing the update?
Mike Stefanik
sockettools.com

James Klutho

Could be that they are not entirely sure what all the updates were.  Bob started on 10.04 at least by June 2012 and probably earlier.  I guess by the time he died, the update was just about finished.  I have always thought the compiler was a Bob only thing and his tracks may not have been clear, which a logical path of disclosure would be vagueness so not to expose lack of control of the situation.  I imagine that the PB crew took the best Bob build they could find and wrapped it into the installer and pushed it out the door which actually looks to be a fairly involved process.  With this being the first one without Bob running the ship, I can see were just this would take all their concentration.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Mike Stefanik on April 20, 2013, 02:33:02 AM
There's some secret reason that they didn't provide release notes for an update to their software? Really? Did those release notes also happen to include the plans for a new hydrogen fusion reactor, and they just didn't have the time to redact all of that classified information before publishing the update?

;D

Thanks Mike - your post had me LMAO !
Paul Squires
FireFly Visual Designer SQLitening Database System JellyFish Pro Editor
http://www.planetsquires.com

John Spikowski

QuoteI have always thought the compiler was a Bob only thing and his tracks may not have been clear, which a logical path of disclosure would be vagueness so not to expose lack of control of the situation.

Actually I thought when the lights went out at the PB store, the reason for the silence and leaving everyone in the dark was that Bob's system was locked down and he only had the keys. My understanding was that he was overly paranoid and thinking everyone was out to take his BASIC kingdom away. Tom must have done a number on Bob's head when he ran off with Paul's stuff and tried to compete. I bet Bob wouldn't take a bathroom break without locking his system down first. Who really knows what'is going on with PB. Only time will reveal the truth.

Patrice Terrier

There are those crossing their fingers and those moving forward...
Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Carlo Pagani

Suddenly 3 posts by Tom Hanlin in quick fire... (Last post December 10)
May be good news!

Patrice Terrier

QuoteMay be good news!
Then keep your finger crossed.
Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Theo Gottwald