• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Questions about Konstruct Editor

Started by Marty Francom, January 20, 2012, 07:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Francom

I recently took the opportunity to download the Konstruct Editor.  I have a few questions:

What's the best way to "import" a PB10 program code?

I have tried to "Start A New Project" and then paste my PB code into the "MAIN.BAS"  but this
caused problems if I have any Meta-Statements in my code.  I get a compiler error.

I have found that some those statements are found in the "Initialization.Bas"   The initialization
bas is not editable.  The program I am writing just need one of Jose' API functions.
How do I edit the Initializtion.Bas file to remove the  #Include "Win32API.inc" and put in the API
file I need:   #INCLUDE ONCE "E:\$FireFly35\JoseAPI\scrrun.inc"

Why isn't the Initialize.Bas file editable?

Theo Gottwald

Marty, we can not assume that Daren Oliver, the Author looks regularly here in the Forum.
Thats why its recommended to sent him a PM and ask him directly.

I have sent him a PM and also moved the topic here.
From what i know, Konstruct should be able to edit PB 10.

Daren Oliver

Sorry for the delay Marty and thanks for the mail Theo.

You can change the contents of the 'Initialize.bas' file by selecting it in the Explorer treeview and using the property grid to add or remove items. The 'Active API Files' item will display a dialog that shows all files found in your API dir. Double click 'Win32API.inc' and it will be removed from your project.

The reason this file cannot be edited directly is I am integrating a form editor and this is where generated code will be inserted and obviously I don't want the user to be able to break this code.

Daren.

Theo Gottwald

Thanks for the reply, Darren. Intrestin News that you want to add an Form Editor   :)

Daren Oliver

That was always the intention Theo. This is why I resisted some of the suggestions that were put forward to me. It needed to remain project based and the initialization file could not be editable. The things I had the most complaints about basically.

I spent quite alot of time on the property grid ready for the form editor, it does almost everything that the VB.NET one does. Colours, Icons, etc, although none of that is obvious at the moment. The left toolbox was also a big clue. The form editor code is finished but I don't have the time to integrate the two at the moment. I have a considerable amount of work to do on another project. Hopefully soon though...

Daren.