• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Compliment, Jose! Nice Forum Upgrade

Started by Theo Gottwald, August 05, 2011, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

Your Forum Upgrade was a success!
This new SMF 2.0 Forum looks really good and has some advantages over the old.

Petr Schreiber

I am happy the forum is back, perfect! :)

Petr
AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1GB RAM @ 533MHz | GeForce 6200 / GeForce 9500GT | 32bit Windows XP SP3

psch.thinbasic.com

Jules Marchildon

Not only did the forum received a face lift, so did Jose's Picture!  Reminds me of the guy who does the Disaronno commercials...  ;D

Congrat's!

Regards,
Jules

Theo Gottwald

Here is an additional technical Info.

For technical reasons, we used a Database backup from the 27.th of July for the Forum Upgrade.
This means that all posts between the 28th and the 5th of August should be reposted.

José Roca

Something happened in the server, because all the attachments files are corrupted. I will restore as many as I can from an older copy. There are no battles without casualties.

José Roca

Well, I have recovered 4,040 filess so far. I will have still to recover around 200. Patrice and Fred will have to check his attachments of this year, because I have no copy of them.

If you haven't noticed it yet, a nice feature of this new forum is that you can select the code to copy just clicking the "[Select]" option located above it.

Patrice Terrier

All my attachments are corrupted, and many of them i am unable to restore, because i had a major hard disk failure myself, but i didn't worry about the zip files stored on your server, making the wrong assumption they will be saved automatically by your server backup utility.   :-[

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

José Roca

Petr and others perhaps have a copy. I have AeroGL, AeroRuler, GLDrawDIB and zXref-1_10.

Theo Gottwald

Quote from: José Roca on August 06, 2011, 02:12:58 PM

If you haven't noticed it yet, a nice feature of this new forum is that you can select the code to copy just clicking the "[Select]" option located above it.

Thats another great new feature!
If some older attachments are not more available, this will not be such a problem. In forums most information is in the Text, and the text is there.

Also Jose could restore a lot of the attachments, Bravo Jose!

Frederick J. Harris

Yes, like the everyone, I appreciate all your hard work Jose.  I see you had a bad day or two of it. 

I hope to post the COM based control code I'm working on soon, and I'll check my various past attachments.  Don't worry about it.

Fred

Edwin Knoppert

Odd, every hyperlink in the text is a normal pointer.
Every text is also a normal pointer and not the thin line caret..

Petr Schreiber

Quote from: Patrice Terrier on August 06, 2011, 03:29:27 PM
All my attachments are corrupted, and many of them i am unable to restore, because i had a major hard disk failure myself, but i didn't worry about the zip files stored on your server, making the wrong assumption they will be saved automatically by your server backup utility.   :-[

Hi Patrice,

I am examining the corrupted files. We had similar issue on TB forum, where it trimmed first character of ZIP archive (so easy to fix). Here the situation is slightly different - 59 bytes missing. I am comparing the originals to the corrupted downloads and will try to find some recovery solution first.

Petr
AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1GB RAM @ 533MHz | GeForce 6200 / GeForce 9500GT | 32bit Windows XP SP3

psch.thinbasic.com

José Roca

Quote from: Edwin Knoppert on August 06, 2011, 08:30:15 PM
Odd, every hyperlink in the text is a normal pointer.
Every text is also a normal pointer and not the thin line caret..

Not with FireFox, Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Petr Schreiber

Hi guys,

I found the problem causing the corruption. Based on comparison of correct and corrupted BassBox setup.exe file, it seems the first mismatch occurs on place, where correct file contains sequence of CR LF, while in the corrupted only LF can be found. The following bytes are then again correct till next CRLF occurrence in correct file.

So simply put - the correct and corrupted downloaded attachements are identical, except the CRLF gets converted to LF.

Thanks to these transformation the tested file lost the 59 bytes. It seems to me like something which should be fixable by tuning the PHP settings on server maybe? I see the light! :)

Petr

psch.thinbasic.com

José Roca

I'm only worried by Patrice's files, since I have recovered already most of the attachments and I have copy of all my software.