• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Is this just me? (PB forum issue)

Started by Brice Manuel, April 13, 2011, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brice Manuel

I am having a problem accessing the official forums and I am wondering if it is just me?

It was working fine earlier today, but we lost power in our area while I was out at class.  When I got home, my system had shut down (when it loses power, it stays off).  When I started up and tried to log into the PB forums, it did not "remember me" and I figured it was a simple cookie corruption (perhaps due to the power loss).  I tried to manually log in, but I could not remember my password (whatever was autogenerated from the previous time I forgot my password).

I tried the "forgot password" function, but the forum is kicking up an error every time I enter the "captcha".  I tried a completely different browser than what I normally use to access the forums (thinking something may have been corrupted in Opera as it appears it did an auto-update while I was gone).  The problem is still there with QTWeb.  Like most humans, I can't read these darn Captchas, but I am 99.99% positive that what I entered is correct and matches (as you can see from the first screenshot), but it still will not accept it. 

Here is a screenshot of the last Captcha I was shown and what I entered.

Then here is the error message I was immediately shown.

Does what I entered look correct or are my bad eyes really playing tricks on me?  I have tried this a couple of times but it kicks up the same error for every Capcha and this is the last one I was shown and IMHO is actually one of the easier to read.  I do not think I got this one wrong.  ???

José Roca

I have tried it and has worked at the first try.

Brice Manuel

I think that was the problem for me, in that I could not read the first captcha I was displayed and I would try and decipher it, and miss it :(  I would hit the "back" button and although a "new" captcha was being displayed, it was not really wanting the new one being displayed, it was really wanting the first one that was displayed.  ???

Tried again now and I could read the first captcha displayed and it has resent the password.

Theo Gottwald

If you have trouble reading that stuff, use:

http://www.neuber.com/free/mousezoom/deutsch.html

A really nice screen-Lens. And its free.