• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

JellyFish + Lynx and PB10

Started by Eros Olmi, March 29, 2011, 11:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eros Olmi

I was using JellyFish + Lynx for all my projects but with PB10 Lynx is a mess.
Compile error everywhere and parsing of compiler result .log file is not recognized due to new info.

Also many many compile errors for missing equates and incompressible compile error in code that I think is correct.
It will be a long way ...
thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

José Roca

I have modified Lynx to work with PB 10 and the new headers and have added parsing for enums, interfaces, etc., with the exception of classes. But I have not checked the JF related code.

Eros Olmi

I have Lynx sources till version 2.4.0.4
I will try to change it. It seems it fails to get correct PB compiler from registry too.

Eros Olmi

For those using Lynx and have problems compiling with PBWin 10 (did not test with PBCC 6) here attached revised version 2.4.0.4
Mainly I fixed registry searching for PB compiler directory and also fixed .log file parsing (PB decided to change number of line where log starts info after copyright notice)

Let me know if you encounter any problem.
Eros

PS: I have authorization from Paul to redistribute source code but because I think José has a more advanced version of Lynx ("...  parsing for enums, interfaces, etc., with the exception of classes ...") I will not publish my sources in order to not create confusion.

José Roca

Maybe we could collaborate. The attached file contains my modified version of Lynx. It compiles using PB10 and my new headers for PB10. I did not send it to you before because you still didn't have PB 10 at that time. You could add to it what you have done and then we will have a unique version that we could improve further.

Eros Olmi

Yes, sure.

I will check tomorrow at office with my colleagues that also uses Lynx for their PB projects.
We get PB10 today so we have just started looking at it (awesome).

I compiled my Lynx with PB905.
I will check yours and I will apply my changes, are not many.

Maybe we can maintain a single copy of Lynx project into a SVN server.
I have one SVN server working on thinBasic web site. It is very easy to keep it updated using Tortoise SVN client.

I will let you know.
Eros

Eros Olmi

Jose,

after many changes, I was able to compile your Lynx project using PB10 and your header files found here

Tomorrow I will apply to your Lynx project the changes I made into my Lynx project and let you know.

Eros

José Roca

Which changes?  It compiles without any change.

I see. You have used the headers for PB 9, not for PB 10. Why?

The headers for PB 10 are available here:
http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=4054.0

Eros Olmi

My fault. I missed correct include files.

Anyhow here attached new Lynx with my changes.
So far I've just fixed Lynx for compiling from PBWin 10 but not PBCC 6.

Hope it works otherwise let me know.

Eros

Eros Olmi

Just to let you know,

I'm in process of:

• fixing PBCC .log fine scanning too
  • adding other 2 compiler setup in order to have 4
    I think that in a period of new compiler moving it is convenient to have at least four compiler options because when you have many projects managed in Lynx (I have more than 100) you will not move all of them in one go. So you need PBCC (version x.xx and y.yy) and PBWin (version x.xx and y.yy)

Eros

Eros Olmi

Attached new Lynx version.

• PBCC support added (hope it works with PBCC 6 because I do not have so I was not able to test it)
  • up to 4 compilers can be setup in global settings and subsequently be used in each project setting

Regards
Eros

José Roca

Thanks for your effort, Eros. I will try it with PBCC.

Eros Olmi

They are less than nothing compared with yours  ;)

José Roca

Lynx is a very useful tool. When you told me that the source was available, I thought in updating it and therefore I did not add projects to the new CSED editor. The best thing is that it can be used with any editor.

BTW I have successfully made CSED fully Unicode and High DPI aware. High DPI will soon become an issue to applications that are not ready. The first version of CSED was not and I was having artifacts, and drag and drop of files didn't work properly. Text was also slightly fuzzy.

Even Firefox did not worked fine with some web sites, such the PB Forum, and have been using Opera for a while. Fortunately, the new Firefox 4 works fine and is again my favorite browser.

Eros Olmi

Lynx is for sure a great program and generosity of Paul to release it as source code was awesome.
Every programmer editor should have a Lynx like code browser.

In my editor (thinAir) I opted for a personalized code browser mainly to be free to tailor it as I wanted and it is becoming one the the key point.

What surprised me is that even PB10 editor still does not has something similar to Lynx but instead they opted for a modal window that is better than nothing but not so useful
If you can influence into PB world you should convince PB team to improve PBEdit transforming current "Code Finder" modal utility into something like Lynx

Ciao
Eros