• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Mix Web and Controls integration in standard Windows

Started by Eros Olmi, August 18, 2008, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eros Olmi

I was thinking about a way to add to standard Windows a piece of interface taken from html files and interact with them.
I mean, a standard window with a form taken from an html (local files) that has fields, buttons, ... other web controls. But at the same time been able to get info about data entered, button pressed, ...

Any idea?

Thanks
Eros
thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

José Roca

I have an example somewhere that does it, but I haven't translated it yet to the new COM support. Give me some time, it's a bit complex.

Eros Olmi

No hurry José.

I was thinking about a way to improve User Interface experience without the need to develop new controls. Writing it using web technology seems to me more logical than writing thousands of lines just for few controls. Instead, having the power of web technology is just there.

I was also reading about XAML and XUL even if they are something different from what I would like to get.

Eros
thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

José Roca

The example is ready: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=2709.0

The attachment includes the source code and the executable (for those that still don't have the compiler).

I did it a long time ago, but at that time it was too complex because I had to include all the code to build the classes and the event connections, and also many wrapper functions. Now, the code is much shorter and cleaner (we only need to add to the event classes the events we need to use), and the new include files provide all the interface declarations we need.

If you want to compile it by yourself, don't forget to download first the new version of the headers (1.01): http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=2708.0