• Welcome to Powerbasic Museum 2020-B.

News:

Forum in repository mode. No new members allowed.

Main Menu

Why I choose SDK over anything else

Started by Patrice Terrier, August 01, 2007, 10:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrice Terrier

Charles,

WinDev does exactly the same:
nInt is system int = 0 // adjust the size automatically to 4 bytes in 32-bit, and 8 bytes in 64-bit
and the alignment works the same as you describe.

And when using the system keyword, the only thing i have to do, is to select the platform for which i want to produce the new EXE.

That's really simple, isn't it ?

Another great thing i like with WinDev, is the fact that it is able to produce code either for Windows, Android, or Mac OS (with some restrictions).
All you have to do is to use the WLanguage (it looks almost the same than PowerBASIC), and when {compiling} for the Android or the Mac platform, it is turned automatically into Java code on the fly...

By the way i love my new Android Galaxy TAB2 10.1 tablet  :)
Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Charles Pegge

Hi Patrice,

Producing compiled code to run on tablets and other devices, poses a few problems. Emitting C source code seems to be the most practical solution for universal compatibility - so I am gradually heading in this direction.

I wonder if Tablets, with their low-powered ARM-based processors will eventually displace the PC.

Charles

Patrice Terrier

QuoteI wonder if Tablets, with their low-powered ARM-based processors will eventually displace the PC

Charles,

I must say that i am realy amazed by the speed and the very small size of the Android applications, and also by the speed of the WiFI connection that is much faster than on my quad core i7 ASUS PC.

I can also play full HD movies directly from a very small 16Gb micro SD (with a 10 speed indice) without any problem and perfect audio sound quality.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Charles Pegge

I think they have hard coded many of the intensive operations into silicon - especially on the video/graphics side. Ypu can see that Intel's aspiration to make the Pentium a do-everything processor has been overtaken in recent years. It has become a huge and hungry beast constrained by its ancient lineage  :)